FORUMS

Unlock Bootloader

Unlock Bootloader

ForumsUnlock Bootloader
Unlock G6 H870 ZAF
Jostian007
Really don't understand LG and them not unlocking the G6 more openly, my friend and I both have G6's (ZAF; South Africa), for both of us its our first LG (me from Sony and him from Samsung) BUT I don't think either of us will keep the G6 or get LG again because we can't unlock boot-loader!!! no idea why LG do this?? thus there is no way for us to develop Xposed modules, etc. and we love doing that, now we can't any longer... due to this really dumb restriction. Love the G6 but with this restriction it will be my last.
Posted on 29-Jun-2017
SixToTwelve

Re:Unlock G6 H870 ZAF

Hi,

The choice was between the LG G6 H870DS and a Galaxy S8. If I had known that unlocking the bootloader wasn't supported, I would have gone with the S8.
If I could return the G6, I would. Just because of this.

My time in Korea left me with the impression that Koreans are incredibly skilled and capable. That the H870DS is not supported is extremely disappointing and an embarrassment to the legacy of "Lucky Goldstar".
And let's not talk about the boot loop issue.

You can be sure I will tell people to buy a different device because of this.

-isdi-

Posted on 16-Aug-2017
Jostian007

Re:Unlock G6 H870 ZAF

Hi, i have dumped the G6 and now have an S8, if this is how LG want to limit us then stuff them, my whole dev team have dumped their G6's to.

Posted on 16-Aug-2017