Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

W200V LG Urbane 2nd Edition (Verizon) / Can't use Google Pay
sam.for
My issue: VZW never offered the OTA for Wear2.0 for this fantastic piece of engineering. I was stuck on 1.5, even though developers used this platform to showcase 2.0, and the W200A on ATT received the update.

Since Google introduced the Wear2.1, I was tired with the lack of support... sideloaded 2.0 via adb, made sure the bootloader was locked (no lock symbol on the LG boot screen), and let the watch auto-update to 2.1.

The only feature I cannot get working is the Google Pay. When I attempt to add a credit card, I get to the very end, and it says that the watch cannot add the card because it's firmware is modified in some way.

Is there anyway out of this state, retaining 2.1 and having Google Pay work? Some patch perhaps?

I have a SIM card in the watch and it can make calls without the phone. I'm glad I didn't lose that capability.
Posted on 23-Oct-2018
narae0.kim

Re:W200V LG Urbane 2nd Edition (Verizon) / Can't use Google Pay

Hello,

In this forum, we supports developers creating LG mobile apps with LG SDKs.
We support developers and provide resources to help their app development.

We don't have much relevance to software development of LG devices.

For questions/issues about the LG Device and its software, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

Thank you.

Posted on 24-Oct-2018
sam.for

narae0.kim - I appreciate your response very much. fyi: it was customer service that suggested I seek help in this forum...

Posted on 24-Oct-2018
MADILLE

Hellom
it is the same for me regarding LG Watch Sport and please consider that current state of the art mobile development includes phones and watches and their interaction. How can i use tools like fastboot and adb with LG Sport watch where i dont have a USB connection between PC and Device?

Regards
Marco

Posted on 28-Oct-2018
sam.for

I presume you have a charging cable for your phone.
Do you know how to enable developer mode on your SmartWatch?

I also assume you have the ATT model.
https://www.lg.com/us/smart-watches/lg-W280A-sport

Posted on 29-Oct-2018
MADILLE

Hello,
yes i have a charging cable to the docking station with induction. It is a W200A, right.

Regards

Posted on 8-Nov-2018
Navigation