Unlock Bootloader

Unlock LG G6 (US997) Form Broken
AlexSS
I'm trying to unlock the bootloader on my LG G6 (US997). Unfortunately, while my device is listed on the supported devices page, the form always tells me "your device () does not support unlocking the bootloader"

If I enter the wrong model number (anything but US997), I instead get the message:
"Your device (LGUS997) does not support unlocking the bootloader. Please check your model. Your account will be locked if you enter the wrong information more than 9 times."

Note that the second message describes the correct model number, not the one I put in the box to get that message, and that it has the additional text "Pleaser check your model. Your account will be locked if you enter the wrong information more than 9 times."

Anybody had a similar problem or know how to fix it?

I've attached screenshots of the described behaviour.
Attachments:

lg-unlock-fail-1.png(Attachments are deleted due to the attachment expiration period of 30 days.) lg-unlock-fail-2.png(Attachments are deleted due to the attachment expiration period of 30 days.)

Posted on 30-Sep-2018
narae0.kim

Re:Unlock LG G6 (US997) Form Broken

Hello,

In accordance with LG's policy, you can only unlock bootloader for the supported devices.

As you can see, in case of the US997, only one particular model, US997.USA, is supported.
Your phone, US997.UCL, does not support bootloader unlocking.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

Posted on 5-Oct-2018
Navigation