Unlock Bootloader

LMG710EM unlocking problem
PashaKagan
Hello,

I have the European variant, after explicitly checking that it supports bootloader unlocking.

Whenever I try to submit for an unlock, I get the following popup:
Unfortunately, your device(Israel, (ISRAEL) )does not support unlocking the bootloader.

Please assist me, as a LMG710EM I am supported for bootloader unlocking.
I purchased the phone specifically after checking that it could be unlocked, and you weren't too transparent about any restrictions, other than the model number.
Posted on 24-Sep-2018
narae0.kim

Re:LMG710EM unlocking problem

Hello,

In accordance with LG's policy, you can only unlock bootloader for the supported devices.

In case of the LMG710EM, only the LMG710EM for the European market is supported.
LMG710EM ISR does not support bootloader unlocking.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

Posted on 27-Sep-2018
PashaKagan

Hello narae0.kim,

As much as I appreciate your answer, it's very difficult for me to accept it.

On the same page you've linked to, which is the same page I checked thoroughly before buying, the model is clearly stated.

There is absolutely NO INFORMATION about how to check what market the device is for. I have checked the box - then and now - and this info is not provided.

I have specifically found myself an unlockable device, which only after bringing home I have realized is locked.

I consider this misleading, and even after checking, there's no way of knowing whether my EM device is actually unlockable.

This is infuriating, and I won't accept being stuck with a phone I can't openly work with and develop for.

Please make an exception and provide me an unlock file, because I did everything to the letter and checked everything I was instructed to check - and ended up having the wrong device.

Thank you.

Posted on 27-Sep-2018
PashaKagan

I went ahead and sold my device, will never use LG's cellphones again.

It's one thing to keep the phones locked, which I don't support at all, but refusing to help unlocking a phone that's specifically in the list - this I won't tolerate.

If you can't admit and fix a mistake, you don't deserve me as a client, now and in the future.

Again, just to conclude: if you clearly state that a device is unlockable, it is expected of you as a company to live up to your own promise, without providing excuses.

Posted on 10-Oct-2018
Navigation