Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

Can't get the bootloader unlock binary for German (EU) LGH870?!
DevDevil
I am a little annoyed because I recently bought a G6 H870 in Germany (without SIM lock, branding, etc.) and have no way to unlock the bootloader.

On your website, the H870 for the European market is listed as a supported device for bootloader unlocking.

When I try to get the "unlock.bin" I get the following error:
"Unfortunately, your device (Germany, (EUROPE COMMON)) does not support unlocking the bootloader."

Germany is in the EU - why do I get the error message that my German device does not support bootloader unlocking?
Posted on 26-Jun-2018
narae0.kim

Re:Can't get the bootloader unlock binary for German (EU) LGH870?!

Hello,

The error message means that your phone is a H870 EUA model.

H870 EUA is a model for display only.
It is supposed to be used for exhibition purposes.

H870 EUA is not for sale (not for market), and therefore, it does not support bootloader unlocking.

If you didn't receive correct information about your phone when you bought it, please contact the seller.

If you bought that phone from LG official store, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

Thank you.

Posted on 27-Jun-2018
thanhtusos

Re:Can't get the bootloader unlock binary for German (EU) LGH870?!

Hello narae0.kim
Can LG open support unlock for this device, because some developer are using H870 EUA model.

Posted on 3-Jul-2018
Navigation