Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

US996.UCL BL Unlock
JerichoJuno
Why is the US Cellular phone not bootloader unlockable? Is UCL simply not letting you? Or are you guys just being lazy. I don't care about this "we'll tell you if we update our supported devices". No. I want to know if MY device is going to be worked on I don't want an email telling me that the brightpoint us996 gor unlocked i don't even know what or where that is. I have heard that the quality of LG is garbage however my phone is perfectly fine, probably because UCL cares about their customers, can you say the same LG? If so, I expect my device to be supported by the end of november or a reasonable explanation.
Posted on 11-Sep-2017
narae0.kim

Re:US996.UCL BL Unlock

Hello,

It depends on the LG policy in your region.

We notify the supported devices via our website and provide a way to unlock, but are not involved with the policy.

We are sorry that we can't be of much help.

Thank you.

Posted on 12-Sep-2017
JerichoJuno

What is the best way to find this policy?

Posted on 12-Sep-2017
narae0.kim

Hello,

We are not sure, but for general questions, you can contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

Thank you.

Posted on 13-Sep-2017
JerichoJuno

By "Region" Do you mean State? Or do you mean Country/Continent, because if so, I live in USA which the US996 for the open market is BL unlockable so I believe the US996 Titan (From U.S. Cellular) should be aswell.

Posted on 15-Sep-2017
Navigation