Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

LG V20 US996.USA (LGUS996USATN) gives me error when trying to unlock
fdda0000s
I bought this specific phone for unlocking the bootloader and was careful to get the specific one listed on this page on xda:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/lgus996-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3503605
since not all US996 are unlockable (LGUS996USATN).

I entered the Device-ID and IMEI and I get the error:
Your device (LGUS996Z) does not support unlocking the bootloader. Please check your model. Your account will be locked if you enter the wrong information more than 8 times.

I am pretty sure I have the correct model, why can't I unlock my bootloader?
Posted on 9-Jun-2017
mz5564

Re:LG V20 US996.USA (LGUS996USATN) gives me error when trying to unlock

I have encountered the same error with the LGUS996USASV phone. The model on the phone's box and phone's back is indicated as US966 but the developer.lge.com says “Your device (LGUS996Z) does not support unlocking the bootloader...”

Any clue what is the "Z" and why it does not appear in the phone's model name or/and on its box and why the phone cannot be bootloader unlocked?

Posted on 18-Jun-2017
fdda0000s

Where did you buy it from?

I bought it from ebay and I am kinda worried its the preview model they were giving to reviewers since it hasn't even gotten any updates yet.

Posted on 18-Jun-2017
narae0.kim

Hello,

For questions about about your phone model, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

Thank you.

Posted on 20-Jun-2017
mz5564

Dear narae0,

Following your advice please find below the chat transcript with LG US representative:

: The engagement is being transferred to LG Mobile Phones, Bluetooh Headsets , Tablets, Smart Watch, Camera 360, VR
Q: I bought this specific phone for unlocking the bootloader and was careful to get the specific one.
A: I do apologize to be honest with you we do not have any information on how you will unlock the bootloader of the phone.
Q: if I give you the imei number on the phone can you give me the exact model of the phone cause when I try its saying the model has a Z suffix but nowhere on the phone or box does it state that it is indeed a Z suffix model.
A: Sure however what I can only check and see on the IMEI # is only the model and date manufactured. We cannot pull up any record about unlocking bootloader. What do you want to know on the device?
Q: I want to know if the model associated with that IMEI number has a Z suffix..
A: No
Q: and I want to know from LG what the exact Model of the phone associated with that IMEI number is?
A: It shows here that the model of the phone is US996SV

A: We do not have ways to unlock bootloader. We only have limited resources and we do not have any information about that on our end.

Could you please explain why the US996 model is identified as US996Z by developer.lge.com and why its bootloader cannot be unlocked?

Thank you.

Posted on 29-Jun-2017
donotevil

LG is really sucks in bootload policy, why LG doesn't let the end-user chooses unlocked the bootload or not because unlocked will gave up the warranty,there are no harm for LG customer service. And the end-user already full pay for their equipment , they have the right to choose what they want.

Posted on 11-Jul-2017
Navigation