Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

When will be available the procedure to unlock bootloader for LG G6 H870?
quitnow
Dear LG staff,
When will be available the procedure to unlock bootloader for LG G6 H870?

Cheers.
Stefano
Posted on 1-May-2017
matthew861

Re:When will be available the procedure to unlock bootloader for LG G6 H870?

Or any phone for that matter...

I saw the notice that the bootloader unlocking tools were going to be unavailable from LG from April 30th, to Mar 1st at 1:20am (KST)...

Well that time has come and gone. Any update about when this functionality is going to be restored?

All I get is while attempting to navigate to the "Unlock Bootloader" section of this site, and am prompted to login, is I successfully auth against the portal, then am immediately redirected back to the login page... I have tried multiple browsers on multiple computers.

Please fix and update.

Thanks

Posted on 1-May-2017
narae0.kim

Hi quitnow,

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

Hi matthew861,

We have checked the sign in page with several browsers, but did not find any problems.
Currently, there is no problem in the system.

It seems that the login session is to be disconnected if you try to move the next step in your PC.
Unfortunately, we can't resolve the problems caused by user environment like this.

Please try it with a different device with a better internet connection.

We are sorry that we can't be of much help.

Thank you.

Posted on 2-May-2017
tob.sam2

SOLUTION

Had the same problem when trying to unlock LG G6 bootloader.
Ok, there seems to be an exploit that was of use to me...

Upon creating an account for LG Developer you don't right away set a nickname...
When entering this forum post i was able to be logged in (notice the "My Account" link in the top right corner)...
To be able to reply to a forum post you of course need a nickname, so once you click on reply you should be sent to an account edit page that asks you for a different password (dont know why though) and a nickname...
When you're done filling that in and the pop-up says it is saved dont close the tab! Instead click the dropdown menu in the top right corner and navigate to LG Mobile Developer, select Unlock Bootloader...

And there you go, it should keep you signed in... At least for me it did...

Sadly I found this exploit on my phone, and didnt now my device-id at that time... sooooo I had to redo all this (notice my nickname).... Oh btw.... I had to delete the cookies when creating the second account, otherwise it wouldn't let me access the forum at all...

Good luck with trying :D

Posted on 5-Jun-2017
SixToTwelve

Hi,

The choice was between the LG G6 H870DS and a Galaxy S8. If I had known that unlocking the bootloader wasn't supported, I would have gone with the S8.
If I could return the G6, I would. Just because of this.

My time in Korea left me with the impression that Koreans are incredibly skilled and capable. That the H870DS is not supported is extremely disappointing and an embarrassment to the legacy of "Lucky Goldstar".
And let's not talk about the boot loop issue.

You can be sure I will tell people to buy a different device because of this.

-isdi-

Posted on 16-Aug-2017
Navigation