Unlock Bootloader (Read-only)

LGH990DS Bootloader Unlock is required
alandaleb01
Hay LG
Please unlock V20 H990ds bootloader.. We really need it.
I have been using lg phones for ages now and never had issues until i got this one since bootloader is still locked. Please unlock it and do it soon before people lose their temper
Posted on 10-Jan-2017
narae0.kim

Re:LGH990DS Bootloader Unlock is required

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

Posted on 16-Jan-2017
KORNOLISUAVE

It's been several months since this question was asked & answered, so, instead of starting a new thread,I though I'd ask here:
Is this model (H990DS) even under consideration for the bootloader unlock list?
If not/never will be,so be it, but some candor & a straight answer would be greatly appreciated.
False hope/maybe's are not necessary to pacify us, we're all adults here, a simple yes or no is all we ask.
Thank you for the consideration

Posted on 6-Jun-2017
d999a0s99d

I agree on this we need a straight answer.
I am considering buying this phone and will only do so if the bootloader unlock is available.

Posted on 9-Jun-2017
nitzer

This is necessary for customization !!! Developers, hear us !!!

Posted on 9-Jun-2017
faeterov

As a user of a Galaxy Note 4 N910C I decided to upgrade to a H990DS phone. What I missed the most was no option for customization with TWRP, so went back to N910C. Once I have the option to install any rom I would like, I'll gladly powerup my V20.

Posted on 9-Jun-2017
speculatrix

I'd like to add my voice to this. Please provide the means to unlock the 990DS, it's a great phone and more people would buy it if the bootloader was unlocked!

I myself will buy one if LG cooperate with the developer community on this.

Posted on 9-Jun-2017
parthshukla

Please add support for LGH990DS, I have been using LG since P500 era and G3, G4 and really wanted to use LG V20 so please help us on the issue of unlocking the bootloader for the device.

Posted on 10-Jun-2017
mirkazemilad

+1 for H990DS Unlocked Bootloader.

Hi,
We have used LG phones for years. Please keep up the good work and support us as we support.
thanks.

Posted on 11-Jun-2017
KORNOLISUAVE

All here accept responsibility for our devices when customizing, as we've all read the user agreements.
So, with that said, an unlocked bootloader would only lead to a positive impact, for both the consumer & LG, leading to even better software development,&, most here would gladly spread the word regarding the LG V20 as a superior phone, long after the sale.......
Perhaps in the future, LG could offer a bootloader unlocked/Developer Edition of their flagships/most popular devices, to all markets worldwide, with global LTE support........

Posted on 11-Jun-2017
speculatrix

KORNOLISUAVE is indeed right. Sony garner a lot of positive mindshare by actively participating in community developer activities in unlocking bootloaders and providing everything that enthusiasts need to build on their products.
LG should look back at their participation in the Nexus products and see how it won over many enthusiasts and ensured LG smartphones become a big player.

Posted on 11-Jun-2017
plasticman

This phone beats most other phones in terms of multimedia, and is a great value for money. If it wasn't for the locked bootloader, this phone would be near perfect. Please unlock the bootloader of the H990DS so we can make the most of our devices.

Posted on 12-Jun-2017
exadeci

Users need the freedom of doing what they want with a device that they bought.
You gave a way to unlock their device to only a model of V20 which doesn't make sense, there is developers all around the world not just America.
As an extra it would be awesome if we could get some kind of API/control for the secondary screen.

Posted on 12-Jun-2017
handry

Yes, please unlock this awesome V20.

Posted on 12-Jun-2017
IanBoshoff

It would be great to the dual chip V20 Bootloader Unlocked.

Posted on 13-Jun-2017
Andre_202

Yes I need unlock bootloader for a job. please

Posted on 14-Jun-2017
Mikesco3

Dear LG,
This is an attempt to see if you could consider unlocking the bootloader on this device.

I just got done purchasing my 2nd LG phone ever, I'm a single dad and self employed, I don't have a whole bunch of money to burn away into a phone and when I do I hope to get the best value for my money and be able to use it consistently for the next few years... Which my Samsung J7 has done extremely well...
The first LG phone I ever purchased was a sad disappointment, I had purchased as a gift for my sister and she still associates LG with crappiest phone ever owned and I wish you could have seen her face when she heard I was considering an LG phone.
This time I ended up purchasing an LG V20 from Amazon, I went ahead and purchased the international version thinking it would more likely be unlocked... boy was I wrong...
Do you even know what drives us to give you our hard owned dollars for an ANDROID phone and not an apple device? The idea of being able to do more with our devices which I actually purchased outright without being held hostage by a manufacturer's ego trip.
Do you even realize that what made Android so successful was this attitude of being more open?

I am really hoping that if nothing else this will be one more voice requesting for this to happen.
I am also completely aware that my tone isn't the best, but I can't help my frustration and disillusionment.

Posted on 20-Jun-2017
david.kool

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

@Mikesco3
+1

LG please unlock our boot loaders. Or else this will be our last lg phone and will go to Sony here after for their developer support. Its been almost an year since you launched this phone - V20 H990DS!!!
Don"t you people have no sense of doing business??? Havent you heard of customer service???
Our patience is wearing out.
Give us an answer whether you are going to do it - YES or NO.

Posted on 6-Jul-2017
KORNOLISUAVE

I grew tired of the lack responsiveness/reasonable explanation(s) as to LG's hit-or-miss selection of devices that are bootloader unlockable.

The canned responses from LG,which are sparse in frequency at best,are regarded as insulting & disrespectful,no better than a lack of response at all.

This prevailing attitude from LG,coupled with the buggy nature of their PC Desktop tools,led to me selling my LG-V20 H990DS just two weeks after purchase,to free up funds to buy a competitors phone,the OnePlus5.

Why? Two words LG: Developer Friendly.
Until the LG culture/attitudes towards user/developer friendly phones changes here,I've owned my last LG Device.

I take no pleasure in this,the hardware of the V & G-Flex series are nice breaks from the status quo,but,unfortunately,without being user/developer friendly,the nicest hardware in the world is a half-baked effort & of no value to me.

Posted on 6-Jul-2017
Navigation