SDK

Supported devices list makes false claim
Antechinus

● SDK Type: Dual Screen SDK

I just purchased a G5 model H850 because it was listed on the Supported Devices for boot loader unlock. Followed the unlock procedure with the result "Unfortunately your device (IOT_H850_Marketing.EUA) does not support unlocking..." Packaging does NOT show this marking so it was not possible to know that the device is not supported.

LG has cheated me. Mobile phone not suitable for purpose advertised by OEM.

Please show cause why this case should not be reported on XDA Developers Forum and LineageOS.
Attachments:

Screenshot_2020-01-19_20-38-23.png(Attachments are deleted due to the attachment expiration period of 30 days.)

Posted on 19-Jan-2020
Antechinus

Re:Supported devices list makes false claim

In reply to my original post. The H850 "marketing" version can be unlocked by following the advice at xda-developers.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g5/help/ioth850marketing-bootloader-unlock-t4005079

Thanks LG for assistance.

Posted on 16-Feb-2020
AnnetteS

So how is your experience so far with this device? Can you please explain more in the next article As I am also planning to buy this one but still I am confused that either I should go for it or not? So please help me while sharing on https://www.australian-writings.org/ trusted update.

Posted on 17-Apr-2020
Antechinus

I like the device. It is supported by: TWRP, MicroG, LineageOS and /e/ (formally Eelo). If your reason for buying is to take advantage of third party Android alternatives, then the H850 model is an excellent choice. Be aware that only a few LG models can be (boot loader) unlocked; I had an issue with mine but LGE enabled the unlock, refer to XDA developers link in my previous post.

The process of installing TWRP and a third party OS is full of surprises. Don't attempt to install Lineage or one of the others unless your IT skills are above average. For example: the stock OS will wipe your replacement boot loader unless you follow the steps exactly and cold boot the device to enable TWRP to do its magic.

Posted on 17-Apr-2020
Navigation