SDK

READ ONLY bootloader unlock FORUMS?! WTF LG, do you REALLY want to lose EVERY costomer possible?
GROOVY1975

● SDK Type: Watch SDK

I dont care if this post is closed, I dont care if anyone blasts me for making this post. Our voices NEED to BE HEARD! UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADERS, WHO ARE YOU TO TELL US WE CANNOT?!

LG, WTF are you doing?! You refuse to unlock the bootloaders, NOW you close our DEVELOPER forums and make them read only! WTF, do you not care about losing customers left and right? Your sales are so terrible, one would think that doing what your loyal customers ask for the devices they own would be reasonable. Instead you ignore us, then close our only voice to be heard! BlackBerry did the EXACT same thing, they are now a distant past memory.
Posted on 4-Feb-2019
eric.furlong

Re:READ ONLY bootloader unlock FORUMS?! WTF LG, do you REALLY want to lose EVERY costomer possible?

Fscking Christ man, I just bought an LG for the SOLE purpose of loading TWRP for backup purposes but now I have to return this POS (G6 US997) because I was PROMISED something that doesn't exist anymore!!!^%$^^&% WTF LG!!! FSCK YOU, you just lost a customer FOR LIFE!!!

Posted on 9-Feb-2019
eric.furlong

Re:READ ONLY bootloader unlock FORUMS?! WTF LG, do you REALLY want to lose EVERY costomer possible?

Well I think I've figured out my problem... Turns out I got the LGUS997.BPT instead of the advertised LGUS997.AUSAPL. Sorry, not sorry for the rant. Closing the forums is a counterproductive move and you could be a little more straightforward with your model labeling...

Posted on 9-Feb-2019
GROOVY1975

Re:READ ONLY bootloader unlock FORUMS?! WTF LG, do you REALLY want to lose EVERY customer possible?

You were right the first time, LG blows, they dont care about us customers, and because of such, they will be a forgotten company soon enough. BlackBerry all over again, once was great, now is nothing because they didnt keep up with the customer needs, nor listen, nor cared about the customer! LG "could" be a great device, the G7 itself is solid, but lack of bootloader unlocking, kills any hope of using this piece of trash!

LG, once again I will say it, ALLOW BOOTLOADER to be unlocked AND YOU WILL DOMINATE THE ANDROID MARKET! Ignore us and sales will continue to plummet until LG mobile is forgotten!

Posted on 11-Feb-2019
Wonner

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the Unlock Bootloader Forum closing. If you have any questions about unlocking bootloader, please refer to the FAQ page.

Posted on 12-Feb-2019
GROOVY1975

That doesn't help, being able to email some address that goes nowhere, because no one is listening nor cares, doesnt help.

You, LG, will continue to lose customers, one by one, day by day, as long as you continue to refuse the unlock bootloader request! Dont you guys at LG see this? You are losing sales, money, customers, every minute, of every day all because of one bad decision, that benefits NO ONE! Users are staying far away fro LG because of this decision, no one wants LG with a locked bootloader.

Who benefits from a locked bootloader? Not you, LG, you are losing sales at an epic proportion, you are not helping me, I cannot develop or load custom ROMs, so who gains from this? LG mobile is losing major money, so you would think they would listen, but no.

I PROMISE you, LG, if you allow us to unlock the bootloader at our own expense, meaning we know the risk, we choose the risk, not you LG, so we own the responsibility of unlocking the bootloaders, but allow US THE CHOICE! IF YOU ALLOW us to unlock the bootloaders, YOU, LG mobile, WILL become the super Android market owner overnight! LG phones function fine, the hardware is great, but the OS sucks, this is why no one uses LG, are you that blind or just plain to stupid to see this 1 simple fact, unlock the bootloaders, give us the choice of OS? LG would be the BEST Android device if we could unlock the bootloader, sales would sky rocket!

Posted on 16-Feb-2019
Umeshrt99

LG is best
Govt Jobs

Posted on 20-Feb-2019
isamet

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I CAN'T UNLOCK MY '''''''H870''''''' BECAUSE OF MY COUNTRY. MY PHONE IS CLEARLY EU H870.
Device-ID 25D472A417E8CE9E84F459925C279D2B0306359EE01329442AA74484E53065FC
IMEI 354405090589808.

MAYBE FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEONE WILL READ THIS AT LG AND HELP ME.

IF I CAN'T UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER OF MY ''OWN'' DEVICE, I WON'T BUY LG AGAIN!

Posted on 21-Mar-2019
eric.furlong

@isamet Did the phone come directly from LG or through a telcom service? The telcom services, at least here in the US, buy direct from LG then totally screw with the software/firmware i.e. locked down bootloader. Had that problem with my us997, the ebay seller forgot to mention that it came from US Cellular not LG itself.

Posted on 22-Mar-2019
eric.furlong

@isamet What country are you from? Why do you think your country is specifically affected by this?

Posted on 22-Mar-2019
isamet

@eric.furlong Turkey. Phone wasn't bought from a telcom service.

Posted on 24-Mar-2019
isamet

Well, LGE even not responding to emails. Not suprising.

Posted on 24-Mar-2019
eric.furlong

@isamet and everyone else in here: Well lets face it, the cellphone providers are trading in customer satisfaction and long term prosperity for short sighted investment. They will eventually be annihilated by an underdog competitor that listens to constructive criticism and acts upon it. Until then we're stuck with POS devices with glued in hardware and proprietary software. I say we turn this thread into a community help and solution thread so that we may weather the storm until said underdog makes it's claim to fame. So isamet, lead me through the procedure you did so that I (wish LG would help but oh well) may help you and others like you.

Posted on 25-Mar-2019
GROOVY1975

I will continue to say it over and over, LG is a terrible company who does not care about their customers. It's not just LG mobile but also the TV portion as well. Since putting up this forum here and on LG mobile Facebook, I have been contacted so many times from users around the world with exactly the same complaints we are sharing here. Brand new TVs failing with NO reply contact from LG, they don't care and they will disappear. Blackberry all over again, they too thought they were better than the competition so they ignored their customers and now they're gone. RIM is a tiny fraction of what they used to be. LG will be the same but they don't have to be if they just listened to us and unlocked bootloader or replied to support inquires standing by the product.

I'm with Eric, let's do whatever we can to raise awareness and shed light on the real LG so others stay away, far away. Once LG has lost the last bit of user respect, all sales will end. Then they will either listen and change, or disappear.

Posted on 26-Mar-2019
Navigation