General (Read-only)

USB On The Go on the G6
Hello007
So I got this nice G6 H871 off eBay imported from the US. But there is one big problem - I am using HID input devices in my applications, but this phone does NOT recognize any of them. What's queer, my Android 4.1 tablet does. That's effin' FOUR POINT ONE. I tinkered around a bit and discovered that the G6's USB software does not support USB 2.0 data throughput. And no, it's not my adapter's fault, it works fine on my desktop.

When I connect my RPi with a 2.0 cable, there is power going in and the Pi boots, so power definitely is being transferred.

But no data-using 2.0 devices are usable with the G6'S, which includes just about any HID device. I tested a controller, keyboard and mouse. Nothing. USB 2.0 flash drivers do not work either (3.0 are just fine). Downgrading to Nougat yields the same results (I am on Oreo).

This could probably be fixed by unlocking the bootloader and flashing Lineage, but guess what? You won't unlock my device! It's MY phone, MY flagship phone that I paid for, how come you don't allow me to do what ever the heck I want with/to it? I would not complain if it worked how it's supposed to, but not supporting USB 2.0 HID devices is plain stupid. Please do something about it.
Posted on 10-Jan-2019
narae0.kim

Re:USB On The Go on the G6

Hello,

If you have a problem with the use of your LG device, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

As LG Developer is dedicated to supporting developers creating applications with LG SDKs, please understand that we are limited in providing direct support to you in this case.

Thank you.

Posted on 21-Jan-2019
Navigation