General (Read-only)

Compile Rom AOSP and Kernel for LGX240F
tormenta1026
I have compiled a rom from Android AOSP 6.0.0 r1 using the code provided by LG for my LG X240F device.

The problem is that after uploading it to the cell phone only the logo of lg is seen and it is restarted.

I do not know how to upload the Image.bz (Kernel) file to my device.

Attached image of the files that I get after compiling the rom and the kernel.

I have followed the steps provided by LG I hope you can guide me to know what I am doing wrong.

1. Android build
- Download original android source code ( android-6.0.0_r1 ) from http://source.android.com
( $repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-6.0.0_r1
$repo sync -cdq -j12 --no-tags
$repo start android-6.0.0_r1 --all
)

- Untar opensource packages of X240_Marshmallow_Android.tar.gz into downloaded android source directory
a) tar -xvzf X240_Marshmallow_Android.tar.gz
- And, merge the source into the android source code
- Run following scripts to build android
a) source build/envsetup.sh
b) lunch aosp_hammerhead-userdebug
c) make -j4
- When you compile the android source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- After build, you can find output at out/target/product/generic

2. Kernel Build
- Uncompress using following command at the android directory
a) tar -xvzf X240_Marshmallow_Kernel.tar.gz

- When you compile the kernel source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android directory.
- Run following scripts to build kernel
a) cd kernel-3.18
b) mkdir out
c) make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=../prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android- lv3_defconfig
d) make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=../prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android- -j4

* "-j4" : The number, 4, is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously.
- After build, you can find the build image(Image.gz) at out/arch/arm/boot/zImage-dtb
Posted on 27-Nov-2018
Navigation