General

[US996] LG V20 No service/data
Maw.dev
Hello everyone,

I bought a US996 but I can not get service in Mexico.
According to the Hardware specs the local carrier uses band 4(1700/2100). Which is supported by the US996.
I use to had only service but no data with the previous 10f version. However, I patched to version 10n and I ended up with no service and no data.

Anyone knows if this can be fixed by overwriting modem? and if so do you know where I can find modem images or how to fix?
Could this be a software problem? some type of LG network lock to avoid being used outside US?
I am quite curious to know the reason of why LG would block its own products that are branded as "Unlocked" and good for "Developers". This concerns me quite a lot, if anyone knows please share this info with me.

Reference info o US996
Supported bands
4G bands LTE band 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 25(1900)
Posted on 30-Jul-2018
narae0.kim

Re:[US996] LG V20 No service/data

Hello,

If you have a problem with the use of your LG device, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

As LG Developer is dedicated to supporting developers creating applications with LG SDKs, please understand that we are limited in providing direct support to you in this case.

And in case of the bootloader unlocking, it depends on the LG policy in each region.

We notify the supported devices via our website and provide a way to unlock, but are not involved with the policy.

We are sorry that we can't be of much help.

Thank you.

Posted on 30-Jul-2018
Navigation