General (Read-only)

LG G7 - take back HDMI out, please
takebackHDMI
Good morning.

I have just bought a LG G7.

I though it was the perfect smartphone, it has everything you need...
It has the last and best processor, good camera, MICRO SD!!, RADIO FM!!!, usb type c (3.1), HDMI out via usb type c 3.1..... but... wait a moment.... I have connected a display port adapter and it does NOT WORK!!! HDMI out does NOT WORK!!!

I can believe it! The LG's 2018 flagship do not support HDMI out, feature that it is available in Samsung S9, Huawei P20, huawei P20 Pro... Its main rivals!!!!

I have been researching into the kernel source of diffeerent devices that supports HDMI out, and I have discovered that LG has disabled this feature via software in the LG g7, abolutely amazing!!

I upload the hdmi__Kconfig file from LG V30, and Samsung Galaxy S9, both of them support HDMI out, and LG G7 file, so you can see there what I am saying.

Please LG, release an update where you enable this feature, and you will get the best smartphone of the year. If you do not do this I will have to sold the smartphone and buy the Galaxy S9 (Snapdragon version)

And, I do not want to share my screen wirelessly, that is not useful if you want to play due to the lag.

I am waitting for you reply.

Thanks.
Posted on 15-Jul-2018
narae0.kim

Re:LG G7 - take back HDMI out, please

Hello,

LG Developer site supports developers creating LG TV/mobile apps with LG SDKs.
We support developers and provide resources to help their app development.

We don't have much relevance to software development of LG devices.

We are sorry that we can't be of much help.

For questions/issues about the LG Device and its software, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

Thank you.

Posted on 16-Jul-2018
Navigation