General (Read-only)

LG V20 - H990DS stuck in fastboot screen and loops
JP2006
I am in the UK and bought a LG V20 from a company called eGlobal which turned out to be a HongKong based company, selling Taiwanese V20s in the UK.

I bought the phone with a warranty repair service in the UK only to find out they now want me to ship the phone to China and pay for repair.

Now the phone issue part. I restarted the phone one morning and the phone got stuck in the Software Update screen. Since that time I have tried all sorts of LG Support tools and other data recovery tools but the phone just loops back to the software update screen. The only other screen I can see if the Fastboot screen and can send some selective fastboot commands from my PC to Phone once connected. After reading tons of articles online, I need an "unlock.bin" file for my model (LGH990DS with software version H99010F) to unlock the phone and restore the stock firmware.

I need to know from LG where can I get this file, as you have already release the files for other models. There are a lot of LG V20 users out there who are having the same issues, and you are not doing a favour to LG Brand by delaying the release of these files or proper firmware and support.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted on 24-Oct-2017
narae0.kim

Re:LG V20 - H990DS stuck in fastboot screen and loops

Hello,

In accordance with LG's policy, you can only unlock bootloader for the supported devices.

As you can see, in case of the V20, only one particular model, US996.USA, is supported.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there are any changes to the supported devices, we will let you know via our website.

Thank you.

Posted on 25-Oct-2017
JP2006

Hi

Thank you for your sympathy but I need to know what to do.

I have a LG V20 phone legally purchased and now I am stuck with software update screen. The only other screen I can get to is fastboot loader. I absolutely have no interest in asking LG to release these unlock files, but I am not getting any help at all.

It is responsibility of LG to make sure their customers are not left in my position just because LG has got a faulty sofware. I do not need the file but at least help me fix my phone by some other way.

By just saying sorry LG is accepting that they have made a mistake issuing a faulty software in expensive phones like V20 and do not know how to deal with it.

Regards

Posted on 25-Oct-2017
narae0.kim

Hello,

If you have a problem with the use of your LG device, please contact LG customer service center in your region.
(To contact LG customer service center online, visit www.lg.com/common, select your regional site, and make an inquiry at Support > Contact Us.)

As LG Developer is dedicated to supporting developers creating applications with LG SDKs, please understand that we are limited in providing direct support to you in this case.

Thank you.

Posted on 26-Oct-2017
Navigation