LG QRemote SDK
LG QRemote (also known as LG QuickRemote) allows users to use their smartphones as a remote controller to control IR(infrared)-controlled devices such as TVs, DVDs, air-conditioners, etc.
LG QRemote is an application to provide user interfaces for controlling devices. Users can register their IR-controlled devices, and then control them by tapping buttons on the LG QRemote.
Users need to configure a device by finding IR codes of basic function to check whether the device is controllable or not. Configuration of the device is done by LG QRemote. Once the device is configured, users can control the device without device information like type, model, or brand name of the device.
LG QRemote stores the list of configured devices. It enables users to deal with many IR-controlled devices with an LG smartphone.
Now, developers have a chance to make their own remote control application with the LG QRemote SDK.
The LG QRemote SDK provides open APIs for implementing functions of LG QRemote. Using the APIs, developers can implement functions that communicate with IR(infrared)-controlled devices.
The LG QRemote SDK consists of the following components:
- Library: Open APIs which provide functions of LG QRemote
- Documentation: API reference documentation (Javadoc)
- Samples: Sample application and source codes written using the LG QRemote SDK
The LG QRemote SDK works on the Android-based LG smartphones.
To run the application using the SDK, the target device is required to meet the following preconditions:
- The device needs to have an IR LED.
- Android API level of the device needs to be 16 or higher.
- LG QRemote must be installed in the device
Having preloaded LG QRemote APK in the device does not mean that the device supports QRemote SDK. Please check the list of Supported Devices below.
The following devices support the LG QRemote SDK (as well as Android ConsumerIrManager APIs):
- G Flex2 (LGAS995, LG-F510K, LG-F510L, LG-F510S, LG-H950, LG-H955, G-H959, LGLS996, LGUS995)
- G2 (LG-D800, LG-D801, LG-D802, LG-D802T, LG-D802TR, LG-D805, LG-D806, LG-F320K, LG-F320L, LG-F320S, LG-LS980)
- G3 (AS985, LG-AS990, LG-D850, LG-D851, LG-D852, LG-D852G, LG-D855, LG-F400K, LG-F400L, LG-F400S, LGUS990, VS985 4G)
- G3Cat6 (LG-F460K, LG-F460L, LG-F460S)
- G3 A (LG-F410S)
- G3 Screen (LG-F490L)
- G Pro2 (LG-D838, LG-F350K, LG-F350L, LG-F350S)
- G4 (AS986, LG-AS811, LG-AS991, LG-F500K, LG-F500L, LG-F500S, LG-H810, LG-H811, LG-H812, LG-H815, LG-H818, LG-H819, LGLS991, LGUS991, VS986)
- V10 (LG-F600K, LG-F600L, LG-F600S, LG-H900, LG-H900PR, LG-H901, LG-H960, LG-H961AN, LG-H961N, LG-H961S, LG-H962, LG-H968, RS987, VS990)
- All new LG Android smartphones launching from 2016 with IR Blaster and QRemote (or QuickRemote) app
Strings in parentheses are model names. You can get your device's model name from the ro.product.model property. Type and run ‘getprop ro.product.model’ in an ADB shell.
LG Electronics reserves the right to revise the list of supported devices at any time by updating this article.