This page describes how to create an Android application project which uses LG QRemote SDK and run the project on real devices.
Creating an Android Project
1. Start Eclipse.
2. Select File > New > Android Application Project.
3. Fill in the form as follows:
• Application Name: Enter the appropriate name for your application.
• Project Name: Enter the appropriate name for your application.
• Minimum Required SDK: Select the ‘API 16: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)’.
• Target SDK: Select the appropriate version for your target device.
• Compile With: Select the appropriate version for your target device.
• Theme: Select the appropriate style for your application.
4. Select Create Project in Workspace and click Next.
5. Select the appropriate Icon for your app and click Next.
6. Select the appropriate Activity Design for your app and click Next.
7. Enter the appropriate Activity Name for your app and click Finish.
8. With above options, the Android Project will be created as follows.
Importing LG QRemote Library to Your Project
To use this SDK in the created Android project, you should import the file, ‘QRemoteSDK.jar’, to the project. This file includes all APIs and libraries needed for developing LG QRemote applications. The file importing procedure is as follows. Copy it to your project folder and add it to the project’s build path.
1. Copy the file: QRemoteSDK.jar under the following directory.
• from: QRemoteSDK(unpacked folder from ‘QRemoteSDK.zip’)\libs\
• to: your project folder\libs\
2. Refresh Eclipse by clicking libs and pushing F5 button. And then, you can see the ‘QRemoteSDK.jar’ under the libs folder as follows.
3. Right-click on the QRemoteSDK.jar and select Build Path > Add to Build Path.
4. When done, make sure that you can see the QRemoteSDK.jar under the Referenced Libraries menu.
Now, you are ready to develop an Android Application which uses the LG QRemote SDK .
Implementing Your Code
Running an LG QRemote Application
You can run an LG QRemote application on real device in the same way as other Android applications.
There are constraints about executing the LG QRemote application. Refer to here.
1. Connect the device with your PC.
If your PC cannot recognize the device, install the USB driver for LG smartphones from ‘LG Electronics Site’. ( http://www.lg.com )
2. To Check that the connection is successful, switch to the DDMS window.
If the connection is successful, you can see the device’s name on the DDMS window in Eclipse.
3. Run the project by selecting menus: project’s name > Run as > Android Application.
4. When the pop-up window appears, select Choose a running Android device and then click OK.
5. Check the messages on the Console window, which notify that the installation finishes successfully.
6. Execute the application on the device.