LG FMRadio SDK allows the creation of applications providing FM radio service on the Android pltform. This chapter describes the LG FM Radio module, which enables third-party application developers to create FM Radio applications using the FM radio service included with the LG Android platform.
LG FMRadio SDK consists of the following components:
- Library: API for developing FM Radio services
- Documentation: LG FMRadio SDK developer guide
- Sample: The sample application and its source code using LG FM Radio APIs
LG FMRadio SDK consists of the following key features:
- Radio ON: turns on the FM Radio.
- Radio OFF: turns off the FM Radio.
- Seek: searches for available frequencies to listen to.
SeekForward: searches for the closest available frequency that comes after the current frequency.
SeekBackward: searches for the closest available frequency that comes before the current frequency. (Searchable frequency range: 87.5–108.0 MHz.)
- Tune: goes to the frequency you specify. This feature enables you to go to a specified frequency regardless of whether the frequency is available to listen to. (Searchable frequency range: 87.5–108.0 MHz.)
- RDS (Radio Data System): displays the broadcasting station name, program type, program text and program Identification code. This information is updated by the broadcasting station. You can control this feature using RdsOn/RdsOff.
- Speaker mode: listen to FM radio through your phone's speaker, instead of using earphones.
- Mute: disables the sound coming from FM radio without turning FM radio off.
The LG FMRadio SDK works on the LG Stylus 2 for European market only.
* Available from software version V10n.