DMB is a digital radio transmission technology for sending multimedia, such as voice and video, to smart phones. This technology is based on Digital Audio Broadcasting, called DAB, which was developed to replace analog radio in Europe. DMB was developed in South Korea by importing DAB technology. The world’s first DMB broadcast service started in South Korea in 2005, and achieved International Standard status in 2007.
LG DMB SDK consists of the following components:
- Library: API for developing DAB/DMB services
- Documentation: LG DMB SDK developer guide
- Sample: The sample application and its source code using LG DMB APIs
LG DMB SDK consists of the following key features:
- Listening to DAB broadcast: Searching DAB broadcast channels that only support voice, and listening to the desired channel
- Watching to DMB broadcast: Searching DMB broadcast channels that support voice and video, and watching the desired channel
The LG DMB SDK works on the LG Stylus 2 for European market only.